Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

This thing in my head

So I've got this thing stuck in my head... it's all Castor and Pollux and it pretty much has everything to do with the story I've been trying to write for the past year and a half. I'm not really sure where I'm going with it, but I've got the want to get it out - so I'm trying to go all poetry with it, but it's not really working out for me today. I wanted to post today, but I just couldn't get anything complete to come out. I started a short story memoir thing, but that didn't really get completed - the thought it needs to drive it on just isn't there yet. I also started searching for my twins connection, which actually stemmed from a search for another ekphrasis topic. I think I have one picked out - I really like it. I'm really digging the direction that I'm going with all of this. Of course it means that I'm doing that thing that authors do - retelling someone else story with different names etc, but isn't that what Greek mythology is for? I don't know. I guess I just realized that a lot of what I had down seemed to follow along the lines of a myth I didn't even know, but it could take me some interesting places if I try it out. The larger setting isn't the same at all, but I can see some interesting parallels continuing to form. At any rate, I don't have much time left and I've managed to say nothing about anything, but I'm sure I'll link back to this if I ever get my Leda poem out. We'll see how that goes. Arg! It's so frustrating when it's all up there in your head and you can't explain it to anyone else until it comes out of its own accord. Sometimes writing as a process is just maddening.

Initial thought: things stuck in my head
Time: 5 minutes